GBS is an international development company that provides innovative and sustainable solutions and technical support to clients worldwide in the area of global health and safety. The laboratory is at the center of most of our activities, including public health, clinical diagnostics and food testing laboratories. We offer our extensive expertise covering the laboratory from design and setup to operations and management and everything in between. We develop customized solutions to solve client challenges and build their capacity through the transfer of knowledge, and comprehensive workforce development and technical training programs.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for laboratory experts to serve as short and medium term consultants in a large USAID-funded global health project currently underway. Entry as well as senior level candidates with experience in one or more of the following are encouraged to apply:
- Product specifications and sourcing
- Procurement assistance
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Forecasting and quantification
- HIV, malaria and TB diagnostic testing
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC)
- Laboratory Information Management System (LMIS)
- Capacity building, workforce development and technical training
We anticipate that work may begin in the fall of 2016.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology, microbiology, biochemistry, laboratory science, or other related life sciences
- Master degree in Public Health (MPH) is a must
- 2-5 Years (entry level) or 5+ years (senior level) of hands-on experience in clinical diagnostics or public health laboratory testing
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in a USAID funded program
Applicants must be able and willing to travel internationally within a short notice. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR is preferred
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is highly desired
- Familiarity with USAID policies, regulations and procedures is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
GBS offers competitive compensation based on experience and past history.
Interested individuals may apply through the following link: http://globalbiosol.us/careers/
Only successful candidates will be notified.
GBS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference or national origin.